Omnitek are seeking a Technical Author to help us with a varied range of technical content covering the whole life cycle of our customer FPGA IP projects and our Broadcast Video Test & Measurement products. Technical content is required for project Statements of Work, technical specifications, datasheets, user guides, marketing material, web site content and operational procedures. The ideal background for candidates is as follows:
- Qualification in Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics or equivalent discipline.
- Excellent written, verbal and graphical communication skills.
- Ability to understand and then explain complex technical concepts in words and images.
- Solid organizational skills including time management, attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Experience of managing documentation projects from inception through to completion.
- Experience of writing, editing and publishing technical content covering FPGA / DLP IP Cores.
- Ability to create original text and illustrations.
- Experience with authoring tools such as Word, FrameMaker, InDesign, Visio, Illustrator, etc or similar.
- Experience and understanding of video, vision and image processing technology would be an advantage.
- Reporting to the Communications Manager.
- Work closely with Engineers, Project Leads, the Programme Manager and other staff, to write, publish and maintain project Statements of Work, specifications, user guides and other technical documentation.
- Assist in the creation of design specifications based on internal and external requirements.
- Creation of technical content for use in marketing material, communications and on company web site.
- Help maintaining our process and procedural documentation as part of our ISO 9000 Quality Management system.
- Assist the Communications Manager in maintaining our customer-facing technical content.
- Proof reading and checking content created by other Authors.
- Aiding the product and software test process.