IP & Design Services
Replacing ASICs and ASSPs with Turnkey FPGA and MPSoC Designs
Omnitek offers an IP and design consultancy service which specialises in FPGA, electronics and software design for video and image processing applications for a wide variety of markets ranging from high volume consumer electronics to low volume specialist design in markets such as medical imaging.
Omnitek have established themselves as a world leading development partner for high performance, responsive and reconfigurable video and vision guided intelligent systems . By leveraging the Xilinx Zynq All Programmable SoCs and MPSoCs with their unique IP, platforms and design services, they have assisted many of Xilinx’s leading customers to get to market faster with highly differentiated solutions.
Steve Glaser, Sr. Vice President, Corporate Strategy & Marketing at Xilinx
Our primary goal is to provide a pool of expertise in all aspects of video and image processing design. Our company philosophy is that excellence in design starts with outstandingly talented individuals who are motivated by innovative design. The fruits of this philosophy have been demonstrated many times through successful design contracts performed for companies throughout the world on complex products.
Xilinx UltraScale+ Zynq MPSoC offers significant performance and flexibility with multiple compute engines and other hard IP
Modern programmable devices such as the Xilinx 16nm UltraScale+™ MPSoC family feature a wide array of compute engines and other hard IP components, including:
- Traditional FPGA fabric
- Dedicated DSP blocks
- Embedded FPGA RAM and Ultra RAM
- Quad Core Cortex™- A53 ARM Processor
- Dual Core Cortex R5 Real Time Processing Unit
- Mali ™-400 MP2 GPU
- Video Codec supporting real time 4K60 H.265 encode and decode
- Gigabit transceivers
- PCI Express
- MIPI, USB, SATA, Ethernet, I2C, SPI Comms
These devices are immensely capable but often present a considerable design challenge due to the difficulty to program and the wide variety of skills required to master each compute engine.
Omnitek is able to optimally partition algorithms across these resources and implement highly efficient code for each component. We have a wide range of IP which can be purchased as individual blocks. More typically, Omnitek offers a complete turn key design solution for FPGAs and MPSoCs.
When this highly optimised FPGA IP and embedded software is coupled with the innate efficiency of 16nm hard IP components, the result is a bespoke IC system design which can compete with ASIC and ASSPs on price, performance and power while offering significantly lower R&D cost and rapid time to market.
Video technology is advancing rapidly, with every increasing demands for new performance requirements, such as 4K, 8K, high frame rate and high dynamic range applied to diverse and growing applications.
The Omnitek approach produces significant opportunity cost benefit by helping manufacturers to rapidly respond to these changing market requirements.
Omnitek is a Certified Member of the Xilinx Alliance Program. Our staff are highly experienced and have been individually certified to ensure comprehensive FPGA architecture knowledge and that all designs are efficiently implemented to take advantage of the latest technology.
- Design and Implementation of video and image processing algorithms in hardware, firmware, and software
- FPGA application development in VHDL and Verilog
- Printed Circuit Board design using the latest semiconductor devices and CAD tools
- Algorithm development and DSP mathematics
- In-depth knowledge of design standards for broadcast, medical and military systems
- PCI Express system design
- C / C++ / C# / Java software design for PC and embedded systems
- Windows and Linux OS software including driver design
- 3D Graphics, including GPU Programming, Open GL, D3D etc.
- ARM and x86 architecture
- Turnkey product design including prototyping, documentation and manufacture