Flex 4K™ Warp
The Omnitek Flex 4K™ is a turnkey silicon chip solution that offers advanced warping and edge blending of video images and allows rectilinear and arbitrary image warps to be applied to a video stream of 4K images (up to 4096 x 2400 at 60 frames per second). The Flex 4K™ warp solution is ideal for projector image correction, camera lens correction and VR/AR applications.
The comprehensive specifications and functions of Flex™ allows it to be used in any application that requires image geometry correction such as projectors, video-walls, cameras and virtual reality headsets.
Flex™ can be controlled via SPI, 12C and TCP / IP ports to allow both low-level warp instructions (such as keystone correction, rotation, pin cushion and barrel correction) and high-level commands (such as forward and inverse grid transformations).
Omnitek’s silicon device solutions reduce manufacturer development costs and time to market. Hard IP such as ARM processor, GPU, etc. means that fewer additional chips are required to produce products and therefore reducing the overall unit cost as well as simplifying PCB design and layout.
- Real time transforms (instantaneous response to new warp mesh).
- Support for image sizes up to 4096 x 2400 at up to 60 fps.
- 10-bit RGB 4:4:4 processing for highest image quality.
- Very low output latency (1/10th of a frame up to a maximum of 1 frame depending on transform).
- Per-pixel Low Pass Filter coefficient sets available for highest filter quality.
- Bi-cubic Interpolation.
- 360 degree Rotation.
- Gamma Correction.
- Black Lift / Uniformity Correction.
- 3D Ordering.
- Highly efficient external memory interface.
- SPI and I2C Control.
- High level control of keystone correction, rotation, pin cushion and barrel correction.
- Low level control of arbitrary warp via real time mesh.
- Evaluation development board and reference software.
- Projectors and Multi-Projector Installations
- 2D and 3D Image Projection
- Projection on to non-flat / distorted surfaces
- Lens Correction
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Headsets
- Video Walls