The Omnitek Flex 2K SoC is a silicon chip that offers advanced warping and edge blending of video images and allows rectilinear and arbitrary image warps to be applied to a video stream of 2K images (up to 2048 x 1200 at 60 frames per second). The Flex 2K device is ideal for projector image correction, camera lens correction and VR/AR applications.
The comprehensive specifications and functions of Flex 2K allows it to be used in any application that requires image geometry correction such as projectors, video-walls, cameras and virtual reality headsets.
Flex 2K can be controlled via SPI, I2C and TCP / IP ports to allow both low-level warp instructions (such as keystone correction, rotation, pin cushion and barrel correction) and high-level commands (such as forward and inverse grid transformations).
Omnitek’s SoCs reduce manufacturer development costs and time to market. The highly integrated devices delivering a very comprehensive set of functions reduce the bill of materials for consumer and Pro AV products and simplify PCB design.
- Support for image sizes up to 2048 x 1200 at up to 60 fps.
- 10-bit RGB 4:4:4 Input processing for highest image quality.
- Very low output latency (1/6th of a frame up to a maximum of 1 frame depending on transform).
- Per-pixel Low Pass Filter coefficient sets available for highest filter quality.
- Bi-cubic Interpolation.
- 360 degree Rotation.
- Gamma Correction.
- Black Lift / Uniformity Correction.
- 3D Ordering.
- Highly efficient external memory interface.
- SPI and I2C Control.
- High level control of keystone correction, rotation, pin cushion and barrel correction.
- Low level control of arbitrary warp via mesh.
- Embedded Test Pattern Generator (multiple patterns / resolutions)
- Evaluation development board and reference software.
- Projectors and Multi-Projector Installations
- 2D and 3D Image Projection
- Projection on to non-flat / distorted surfaces
- Lens Correction
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Headsets
- Video Walls