2D Graphics Xilinx FPGA IP
Omnitek’s 2D Graphics IP is a complete solution for adding 2D graphics capability to the Xilinx® Zynq® All Programmable SoCs. This IP allows computer generated 2-dimensional graphics to be rendered as a video frame that can then be overlaid onto a live video stream.
The 2D Graphics IP uses three main AXI4 compliant interfaces:
- An AXI4-MM interface to connect to the SDRAM
- An AXI4-S interface for video output
- An AXI4-Lite interface to allow software control
Note that this IP is not necessarily required when using UltraScale Multi-Processor (MP) SoCs devices because these include a Mali GPU that can perform this function.
- Frame Buffer canvas up to 1920×1080 pixels
- Output up to 3840 x 2160
- Support for frame rates up to 120Hz
- Low latency output
- Choice of 16 bits (5:6:5 RGB) or 32 bits (8:8:8:8 RGBA) per pixel
- Configurable Output Colour Matrix
- Dedicated cursor firmware, offloading task of cursor generation from software
- Optional timing generator to allow stand-alone operation (Module output gen-locked to a reference signal via a timing generator)
- Use of AXI4-S for pixel interfaces allows blending of live video with content of Frame Buffer in Omnitek OSD (on-screen display)
- Implementation demonstrated in RTVE reference design.
- Software control of Output Colour Matrix
- Software control of firmware-accelerated cursor
- Linux Frame Buffer driver
- On-screen user interfaces
- Overlay of graphical elements, such as measurements, highlights and
- warnings on live images.
- Test Pattern Generation
- VR and AR Heads-up displays